Thursday, January 3, 2008

ISO settings

Here I go, forgetting to reset my ISO settings once more. Last night as we were driving home, I cranked up the ISO setting to 3200 ("H1.0" on the display) to shoot a couple of restaurant and highway signs. I forgot to bring it back down to ISO 200 that I use for most of my shots.

Anyways, as it were, it allowed me to do a quick comparison between ISO 3200 and ISO 200. After shooting two photos I looked at the LCD display. Sure enough, a photo taken at ISO 3200 is very grainy but not too bad if you keep the picture size small:


It looks similar to those images on a VGA screen in the 90's or images produced from a dot matrix printer. It also looks similar to a fuzzy picture taken at say ISO 200 and sharpened with software. However, a fuzzy picture sharpened with software would look a lot worse than this.

The same shot at ISO 200:



The pictures were taken at 7:20am CST, shot through a pane of glass.

Another shot behind the windows:


Well, I am packing my camera gears up for my flight back home this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.