Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Change the angle

A photo can look uninteresting if it looks like everything else that you see everyday. If you rotate your camera or change your shooting angle, the result may offer a new and fresh look at the same otherwise boring subject.

The following photo was at the Allen shopping plaza in Allen, TX. I was passing by this grass in a huge concrete pot. The grass is probably a meter tall so it comes up to my chest. A straight, level shot of it would look uninteresting, especially when the background is the parking lot and there were some lamp posts around it. I did not like the background or the posts -- too much distraction -- so I kneeled down and angled my camera up for a shot of the grass. The background is a beautiful pure blue sky, no clouds in sight. The warm western sun lights up one face of the grass nicely, and the blowing wind certainly adds a better action effect to the shot.

If I did not tell you where the photo was taken from, would it look like a Texas photo, i.e. plains of grass, cows, and horses? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.