Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First day of 2008

Here I am back in Frisco, TX. I could not take a picture of the rising sun on the first day of the new year but then I was able to capture it before it draws its curtain for the day.

Down in Texas, they get one extra hour of daylight more than we do in Toronto. The sun does not set until 5:30pm and because there is virtually no clouds in the sky, the atmospheric transition from yellow to blue is simply a must see sight.

This shot was taken at the Allen Premium Outlets plaza in Allen, a city south of Frisco. We were walking about to find any good deals. Well, it was not worth the walk. I did not think anything was of that great of a value for the buck. I would just wait till I return to Toronto.

Anyways, I focused on the branches and leaves and locked it before reframing the shot. For the shot, the D80 can focus on an object in the far left of the screen on its focus area but it was quicker and easier to focus then reframe. The difference in distance is negligible.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.