Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sound trigger for high speed flash photography, part 7

I finally decided to draw the circuit I used for the sound trigger with the QUCS software.  Not all components are available in QUCS so I had to draw a couple of items in the schematic diagram.  These items have no electrical properties so simulation in QUCS does not work as is.

Note that the LM324 OpAmp is connected up with five pins instead of three as shown.  Pin 3 = positive input (reference signal), pin 2 = negative feedback, pin 1 = output, pin 4 = 5V input, pin 11 = ground.

Sound trigger circuit.  The capacitor polarity can be reversed?

Note also that the capacitor is a polarized capacitor, and the potentiometer is there to adjust the sensitivity of the circuit to sound.

1 comment:

  1. I just did an experiment today by reversing the polarized capacitor. The circuit worked the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.