Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sound trigger for high speed flash photography, part 8

Another balloon pop.  I had the idea of popping it from the top.  The result looks like a cup.  For this capture, the balloon is positioned about 50cm from the microphone.  Flash output was set to 1/64.

Turqoise balloon pop.  Flash power set at 1/64.

Here is a shot of a yellow balloon popped from the bottom.  I was hoping to see something more interesting, like the shape of a parachute.  It still looks interesting with the ripples close to the edges.

Yellow balloon pop.  Flash output set at 1/64.


I had by mistake left the output power of the flash set at 100% on an earlier shot with a white balloon.  Flash output set at 100% lasts much longer than flash set to 1/64, but I don't understand the result.  Because the flash light lasts longer, one can see a ghostly shape of another balloon, but it does not explain why the balloon looks like it has not been popped.  My first attempt with a white balloon a few days ago also resulted in a shot of a full balloon.  I wonder if the white balloons collapse much slower than the colored balloons.  Strange.

White balloon pop.  Flash output set at 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.