Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year Resolution

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/
What a waste of money!  I spent over $111 on the Solmeta GPS geotagging unit earlier in 2011 but have taken it out only once, for a test drive at that.  I have not actually used it yet.  Everytime I prepare to go somewhere, I would pack in my bag batteries, extra memory cards, an extra lens, and some other stuff.  Sometimes, I just carry the body with the SB-900 flash gun attached and nothing else, but when I do bring my bag along, the Solmeta GPS unit has always been missing from it.  So, my new year resolution as far as photography is concerned is to use the Solmeta GPS unit at least 50% of the time, although, thinking about it, one subconscious reason why I might not have been using it is because most of my photos are taken indoors with flash.  With the flash gun attached, I cannot attach the GPS unit to the hotshoe plate.  Well, that is not a good reason.  I can always build some contraption to hold the GPS unit up.

Also, that goes for my lenses too.  I have many lenses, most of them just collecting dust most of the time.  The 17-50mm and the 18-200mm lenses are what I use 99% of the time.  The 80-400mm lens is used only once a year on a bird watching excursion--that justifies its existence I guess.  The 50mm portrait, the 105mm macro, the 10-20mm wide angle lenses have not seen much action since I purchased them.  Well, they have not been used to take pictures I consider print worthy.  So, my second new year resolution is to make at least one nice print from each of my lenses.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.