Sunday, July 17, 2011

20 Tips for Wedding Photographers

I was searching on Google for some tips on wedding photography.  I found something that was very helpful (www.digital-photography-school.com).  There is nothing complicated about this list but it is a good reminder.  I just want to summarize it here, for myself really.

  1. Create a shot list--who, what groups, what poses to shoot
  2. Designate a family member to help coordinate family photo shoots
  3. Survey the location before the wedding
  4. Prepare for the day--not just photo gears but also the venue and program
  5. Manage expectations--show previous work before the wedding
  6. Turn off the sound on the camera--ok, I am not sure how one would go about doing this but I agree
  7. Shoot small details
  8. Bring two cameras with different lens focal lengths
  9. Two photographers--much easier than one
  10. "Be bold but not obtrusive"
  11. Use diffused or bounced light
  12. Shoot in RAW
  13. Display photos during reception
  14. Avoid distracting backgrounds
  15. Do not discard "mistake" shots
  16. Use different perspectives and angles
  17. Use fill flash outdoors
  18. Use continuous shooting mode
  19. Prepare for the unexpected
  20. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.