Sunday, July 17, 2011

Carrying the D90

So, how am I going to carry this D90 in addition to the D7000? I have a Quick Strap that I am planning to hook the D7000 to. The D90 has the standard Nikon neck strap, which I hate btw.

Well, I think I will carry the D90 over my left shoulder on top of the Quick Strap. I am thinking of using a velcro strap to tie the Nikon strap to the Quick Strap. This way, the Nikon strap will not slide off my shoulder.

I am also thinking of carrying the D90 upside down like the D7000. To do that, I need to use the tripod mount. There is this metal plate I just placed an order for on eBay.  It costs $10 including shipping.  (If interested in this plate, search for "camera strap plate" on eBay.)  I also need a carabiner to connect the Nikon strap to the plate so I ordered a dozen of these carabiners for $10 including shipping, also.  Why a dozen?  I will use one of the carabiners for this purpose and the rest, well, they will come in handy when I go traveling or hiking about.  For example, when I travel, I usually keep my camera gears in a small daypack.  When I have to carry my 60L backpack, the daypack is carried in the front.  I use a carabiner to hang the daypack off the strap of the 60L backpack.  I can also use a carabiner for carrying a water bottle in the front.

Now, notice these carabiners have a locking screw.  This is important.  I do not want the carabiner to detach from the metal plate by accident.  The locking screw is a must in this application.  However, I have to question my decision to buy these specific carabiners though.  I got a dozen of them for $10 and I am hanging a thousand dollars worth of equipment off it.  These aluminum carabiners should hold at least 40 pounds of weight.  Hmm ....

This $11 contraption will probably work well.  However, you could just purchase a double Quick Strap for two cameras like this one below for about $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.