Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nikon D90


A wedding is coming up in a couple of weeks. Yes, there are two of us photographers but I still could not shoot with only one lens. Switching lenses is just not an option when the action is happening in front of us. So, I decided to pick up a D90 tonight.

Why the D90 instead of a newer body like the D5100 though--the D5100 is a newer camera with really cool features, especially instant HDR. Well, the D5100's button layout is quite different from my D7000. The D90, on the other hand, feels really like the D80 and the D7000. I like it that the button layout is very similar between these three cameras, so there is little thinking required to change settings. I do not care so much about the Live View mode so that button is not important. It is important for me to be able to change camera settings in a pinch, with quick access to ISO and f/stop controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.