Sunday, March 13, 2011

Epson Stylus 1280

The saga continues.  As it turns out, the paper size I bought for these two rather large frames was a tiny bit too small.  The frame needs something like 11.5".  I really should have bought 13"x19" paper (which is really hard to find on eBay Canada) but it is a minor issue.  The bigger issue is the black streaks I see on the printouts.  I started looking around for possible reasons and some suggested that the sponge inside the printer used for cleaning the print head may be too full of ink.  I checked the sponge and indeed it is full of ink.  I used some kleenex tissue to dab on the sponge to dry it.  Before my next print, I will perform a print head cleaning and we will see how it goes then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.