Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flickr AutoDownloadr

In my search for a Flickr downloader, I came across this fourth application called Flickr AutoDownloadr--I did not mention in my earlier post that the first application I tried was Flickr Downloadr but I have not been able to install it for a second time, and there was a second application I tried, called Flickr Downloadr that does not allow me to auto-download sets of photos.

The key term is "auto".  I do not want to have to select photos and download them.  I just want to download a whole set.  If I had wanted to download specific photos, Flickr Downloadr would work really well I think.  In any case, Flickr AutoDownloadr is the best application I have seen so far that works the way I want.

Here is a screenshot of the application:


To download photos that are private, you must log on.  This option is under the "Options" tab.  After logging on to Flickr you will have access to all the sets that are exposed to you (as either families or friends).  To start downloading photos of a set, I set the download path first (also in the "Options" tab), choose a set, and then click on the "Go" button.  Go make some coffee and return to see the full list of photos downloaded.

If anyone is interested in trying out Flickr AutoDownloadr, you can download it from http://flickrslideshow.fateback.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.