Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quick Strap

The Quick Strap I ordered from China five weeks has finally arrived.  It came with a metal plate that screws into the camera tripod mount.  The metal plate is quite thick (I think 2mm thick), although a bit sharp--they should round off or sand off all the edges.  The metal plate then connects to the strap via a carabiner.  (The connection is not where the tripod mount is but rather, on the end of the metal plate, close to the left side of the camera.)  The carabiner has a screw lock that prevents the swinging arm from moving.  Here, quality is not great either.  The screw lock is a bit rough to turn.  Well, for $20, you get what you pay for.  I don't own a Rapid Strap but I'm sure the Rapid Strap is better built than this but the Quick Strap will serve my purpose well.

After some length adjustments of the strap I have now a new way of carrying my camera around.  Like I said, I don't like the Nikon strap.  It gets in the way of handling the camera.  This Quick Strap is better, but it needs some more design work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.