Sunday, July 26, 2009

San Jose, California

Well, I am in San Jose, California. The wedding has come and gone last night. I have more time to do some photography now.

Here, you really need to have a car to get around. There is no transit systems like those in Toronto. There are some bus lines but probably 99% of the population here drive or if you don't have a drive, you ride a car. I will either rent a car or borrow one from my aunt or uncle. For this trip, I brought a GPS Navigator. I am not a big fan of it but in hairy situations, it could get you out of trouble, unless it got you in trouble in the first place. I prefer a paper map (or Google Map) to have an overall picture of where I want to go before heading out. The GPS Navigator can only give a bird-eye view of the immediate areas, not the overall picture. You'd follow it blindly. In 2.8 miles, exit right, in 1.5 miles, keep left, in 7 miles, keep left, in .2 miles, exit at Hyllier Ave. ....

Anyways, my plans are to return to San Francisco. I was there last Friday, but since I am meeting with Naomi this Friday, I will go in as early as I can and roam around until meet time. During the week, I might also drive down to Las Vegas after all. I was planning to go to the Yosemite National Park and camp overnight, but some people didn't think the trip would be really worth it.

Well, if I capture something interesting, i.e. not the "touristy" picture, I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.