Monday, July 6, 2009

Always have a camera on you

It is rare to see Hwy 401 totally empty. This was the Expressway earlier this afternoon. On my way back to Mississauga, traffic slowed down to a halt. Something was amiss so I tuned in to 680AM. There was an accident up ahead near Keele St. A plume of black smoke was supposed to be filling the air.

I pulled out my D80 and shot this:


As we got closer, I could see firetrucks in the far distance. The fire had subsided already and no smoke in sight. I zoomed it:


Getting closer to the scene of the accident, I could not stop the car, so I just swung the camera over my left arm and shot blindly. I had no idea if I shot anything good. Well, these shots were not too bad!




You might be that next news reporter, if you had your camera with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.