Monday, July 13, 2009

Point-and-shoot ain't so bad ...

On Sunday, after a fairly long morning of hiking and shooting, my friends and I went out golfing. I could not imaging carrying my DSLR around for 6000 yards so I just took my trusty Canon SD110 3.1MP point-and-shoot.

This is a great camera for day use. It has a landscape and macro mode. In macro mode, you can get pretty close to a subject and blur the background out. This photo of the daisies was 100% cropped and sharpened in Irfanview.

This shot of the golfer was cropped and colour-adjusted (increasing contrast and lowering the gamma in Irfanview). The original photo does not show much of the orange hue in the sky but the colour adjustment really brings it out.

Not too bad for some older technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.