Sunday, February 27, 2011

First print from Epson compatible ink

Well, I used the new Epson Stylus 1280 compatible ink I purchased from http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/ with Epson premium glossy paper. I ran the nozzle head cleaning utility once. I could see it was clogged up prior to the cleaning. After cleaning, the light blue head was still not fully clean--all the colours came out fine except for the light blue. I decided to go ahead with a print job of a flower I took in 2007 with my D80 anyway.

The colour rendition is superb with the compatible ink. All the colours came through vibrant and sharp. The glossy paper makes for a nice photo quality touch. From a couple of feet away, the photo looks flawless. The only problem, if I were to pixel-peep from a foot away, is that I can see is the banding (and remember this is on premium glossy paper) and some black streaks. I have a feeling that the banding is caused by the black ink print head or the dpi resolution (currently set at 720dpi).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.