Saturday, February 26, 2011

First prints from the Epson Stylus 1280

I finally printed my first five photos on this Epson Stylus 1280 using the original Epson ink cartridges. The first two photos were printed on Epson glossy 4"x6" photo paper. I was expecting a perfect print. The colours came out superb but the photos were far from perfect. I could clearly see colour banding (I think I see blue banding more than any other colour) and the print head skipped one line of pixels too. Maybe the print nozzles are slightly clogged up? In any case, I thought I'd see those bands only on plain paper. I thought glossy photo paper would fix that problem, but it does not appear to.

I then tried Epson matte 8.5"x11" paper. Same thing. Bands of colours are obvious. Maybe it's because I did not choose the right settings when printing?

For the glossy paper, I chose glossy photo paper type and even chose quality printing vs. high speed printing. (I also selected to borderless printing which worked great by the way.)

For the matte paper, I chose the heavyweight matte paper type but here I chose high speed printing.

For what I use these photos for though, I'm ok with the quality. If the photos are for a wedding, well, that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.