Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

Well, the 50mm f/1.4D is in my hands. It is harder to use than I thought. The problem is with purple fringing. This happens often at f/1.4, in areas where white transitions to a darker colour. The whole point of buying this lens is for the f/1.4 aperture so I will need to figure out to control this purple fringing.

There is a website that compares purple fringing of the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G AFS vs. the 50mm f/1.4 AF-D here: http://home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/1.4dg.html

The other issue is sharpness. Without VR, it is a challenge to get a sharp pictures, especially when the lens is really small compared to the D7000 with the battery grip. I find it a bit awkward handling this lens again because of its size. However, definitely in low light conditions, nothing will beat a fast lens and a high ISO range of the camera body!

BTW, this Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D was made in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.