Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to 50mm

Well, I decided to sink some more money into some more camera gears. I recently bought a Canon battery for my old but quite useable point-and-shoot SD110--I could not believe it is only $5 now, including shipping! I am still waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime, I was on eBay last night and came across a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D lens. I used to have a 50mm f/1.8AF and a 50mm f/1.8E. They are no longer in my possession. The new 50mm f/1.4D will be soon though. The fellow that sells it is in Brampton, probably within 20 minutes drive from my place. It's paid for and now I'm going to pick it up.

Why a 50mm f/1.4D? I will be helping shoot a wedding this summer. Combined with my D7000, I think this lens will fantastic as a portrait lens and it will work really well in the darker reception hall--no zooming capability but imagine f/1.4 and ISO 3200!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.