Saturday, February 25, 2023

Nikon D7000 Shutter Life Expectancy

Since I've purchased the D7200, I wanted to tell the D7000.  I became curious as to how long it will keep working.  The shutter count is around 86,700.

Here is a graph of actual shutter counts before a D7000 would die from https://www.olegkikin.com/shutterlife/nikon_d7000.htm:


So, the survival rate seems to drop drastically after 50,000 actuations.  Is my D7000 on its last leg?  There are a couple of cameras still going strong after 500K actuactions!  I'd be happy if mine reaches Nion's stated shutter life of 150K which appears to me like an overstatement if the estimated survival rate is only about 60%.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.