Sunday, February 26, 2023

HDR vs. D-Lighting vs. Normal

Images from the Nikon D7200 shot with three different modes:

1) HDR on high

2) D-Lighting on high

3) Normal without HDR or D-Lighting



There isn't much of a difference between Normal and D-Lighting in this case.  The photo in normal mode is as close to what I see with the naked eyes.  The HDR photo brings out more details of the dark areas but it doesn't look natural, does it?  I would use it outdoor when I'm encountering high contrast scenes.  If I had the D7200 when I was in Arizona, I could imagine many of my shots could have turned out way better.  My phone camera was able to do auto-HDR so some photos from it turned out better than my DSLR's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.