Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Your best camera is ..., part 2

CNE Air Show:  F-18
Sure, the best camera is the camera that's with you--obviously, unless you have options to choose.

For the Canadian CNE airshow, I'd say the bigger lens the better.  I brought to the show my Tokina 80-400mm.  I shot the F-18 to the right at 400mm  (i.e., 600mm on a 35mm sensor body) with my then Nikon D300.  It was doing a slow fly-by with all landing gears extended.  It's too bad it was overcast.  It would have been a superb shot if we had clear sky around 7-8pm when the sun would have started to set, highlighting the one side of the F-18 with an orangeish glow.

The shot of the F-16 to the left was also shot at 400mm.  Again, it was too bad we had an overcast sky.

Just the other day, I was thinking of selling the Tokina 80-400mm lens because I wanted to get the Nikkor 70-200mm lens but after seeing some old photos I took with the Tokina, I think I'd keep it for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.