Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lumix DMC-FZ30 flash broken?

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fz30-review/
WTF!  That slider below the popup flash of the DMC-FZ30 is stuck on my camera!  It is stuck at the close position so I cannot pop the flash up.  This is odd.  I guess something inside the camera is preventing the physical mechanism from working.  This is odd.  Very odd.

Maybe I accidentally dropped some Krazy Glue into the crack of the popup flash?  When I took it out of my knapsack the other day, I noticed there were some gluey substance on top of the flash part.  Maybe it's the juice from some fruit I might have forgotten to eat and was rotting in my bag and oozing out its juice into my camera.  Eww.

[20 minutes after my initial post...]  Well, I was right.  It took some elbow grease from my finger nails to pry the flash open.  There was some sugary glue on the underside of the flash and there was something else inside the slider mechanism.  I managed to clean most of the sugary glue underneath the flash but the slider mechanism is still very stiff but works.

BTW, this camera used to cost $600+ in 2005.  Wow.

2 comments:

  1. It's not glue - it's your soft drink spilled onto the camera. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. What am I doing up this late. I should be in bed.

    I like this camera a lot--it's light and the lens does not extend in and out as it zooms from 35mm to 420mm (in 35mm equivalent terms). Battery life is not bad. I wish this camera has a better sensor though. Its optics are really quite good but the tiny CCD sensor might be only slightly better than its contemporary standard point-and-shoots.

    I'm going to bed now.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.