Friday, November 11, 2011

Epson Stylus Photo 1280 woes, part 2

The saga continues.  This is frustrating.  The yellow ink is not coming out.  Once or twice, I was able to print an image of a full yellow square but every other time I tried, lines of reddish colour would appear instead.  I have tried the wet paper towel trick to clean the print head many many times and could see yellow ink transferred onto the paper towel but the darn thing is still clogged!  This is a real pain.  Only if I could remove the print head and soak it in hot water to dissolve everything!

2 comments:

  1. Get a colour laser printer - they are cheap now... :-) You should get ones that is capable of colour calibration as the printer default is never quite right (as per someone I knew who works professionally as a creative designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owning an Epson Stylus Photo printer is like owning an old car--a lot of care and maintenance is required!

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.