Sunday, July 25, 2010

Macro with the 50mm and extension tube

Alright, the excitement is fizzling. The 50mm lens with an extension tube can do macro but what I have noticed is that the depth of field is too small for anything but tiny bugs that are 2 mm long. Yes, 2 millimeter. That is not very long. That is the depth of field I have to work with at f/1.8 or f/11. Practically speaking, most insects I'd run into are significantly larger than 2 mm so I think I need a different solution for macro photography. I need a depth of field of at least 15mm.

I used to have a Vivitar 70-210mm lens. Maybe I should not have sold the lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.