Saturday, July 17, 2010

Missed my 18-200mm lens

I was in Vancouver for a week for a wedding last Saturday. Before the trip, I decided I was going to bring four lenses: 80-400mm, 50mm (manual focus, to play with), 17-50mm (for the wedding) and 18-200mm (attached to a D80 body, for the wedding, and for walking around with). As it turned out, my equipments could not all fit into my backpack and it was getting pretty heavy. I decided at last minute then to leave the 18-200mm with the D80 behind.

That was a mistake. I could leave the D80 behind but I really missed the 18-200mm focal length. I ended up having to switch between the 17-50mm and the 80-400mm lenses at the wedding reception (because sometimes I wanted to shoot close-up from afar), on the ferry to Vancouver island, at the top of Grouse mountain, in Victoria, etc. I also found that at the civic wedding ceremony that was held outdoors, that the 17-50mm was a bit short on the focal length side. I did not want to buzz around close to the couple like a bee during the ceremony. The 18-200mm lens would have been perfect then. Oh well. I should be better prepared next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.