Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 MACRO mode, part 2

Here are a couple of pictures I took with the extension tube behind the Sigma lens.

I cannot get the "Unlock Computer" screen up anymore than I cannot measure the actual optical field of view width.

The pen tip however is measurable. The upper left corner of the image to the tip of the pen is about 1.1 cm long. The diameter of the field of view is about 1.8 cm, definitely less than 2 cm long. The width of the optical field of view is thus about 1.5 cm. The sensor of the D80 is 2.36cm wide so this is absolutely better than 1:1 magnification!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.