Sunday, May 6, 2012

To sell or not to sell

I put up my 80-400mm for sell a few weeks ago.  I kinda forgot about it.  Some scammers had replied to the ad and today, I just received another enquiry.  This last enquiry may be real--I really don't know but it could be another scammer.  Anyway, I am really wondering if I should let go of this lens.  I have taken some really nice photos with this lens and the only reason why I considered selling it is only because I take it out only one or twice a year.  Is it worth keeping it around?  I am not so sure anymore.  Will I miss the 80-400mm focal length range?  Maybe.  Do I need the money from selling it?  I could use it toward a Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 lens. :)  Should I sell it then?  I do have an old Nikkor 500mm prime lens.  I have taken it out only once over the past four years.

I do have a habit of selling something I think I no longer like to use, only to buy it back later.  What a conundrum.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I would get a 70-200mm f/2.8 - I think it's way too heavy to be practical (1.4kg). I think it makes much better sense getting a 200mm prime instead - that way you would use either the 50mm or the 200mm prime depending on what you are shooting and crop the image if needed.

    70-200mm f/2.8, imo, is good for sports shots and nothing else... You wouldn't want to carry that much weight to go hiking/bird-sighting...

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.