Sunday, May 27, 2012

70-200mm

This subject comes back to haunt me every now and then.  I was at the Henry's Exposure Show with Joe.  He was at the Sigma booth trying out a few of their lenses.  While I was there, I saw their 70-200mm f/2.8 lens.  Sigma lenses come with ten years of warranty.  A seed of evil thoughts was embedded in my brain since then.  Today, I was at my niece's birthday party when I was so tempted to go back to the show to buy the lens.  The temptation was driven also by the thought that it was $1100 but after checking out its price on Henry's website, I believe it was for another lens I saw, not for the 70-200mm f/2.8.  At most, I believe the lenses had a discount of $200 at the show.  So, it probably would have costed me $1200 + tax.  That is not a small amount.  Yet, I want a 70-200mm f/2.8.  Why, I thought?  Where am I going to use it?  Weddings?  I could be a second shooter.  Parties?  Sure.  I am planning a trip to Nova Scotia.  Will I be able to make use of it there, or will my current arsenal of lenses do?  They should do, although they will be somewhat of a compromise.  In the end, I was able to fight the temptation.  I am at home, wondering how I'd feel if I had actually bought it.  *sigh*

I spend too much time hoarding lenses and not using them fully.  My new year's resolution was to make a great photo with each of my lenses.  So far, I think I have made at least one great photo with the 50mm f/1.4 lens and the 18-200mm.  The other lenses still have not had their opportunities yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.