Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sound trigger for high speed flash photography, part 9

Some experiments with water filled balloons (about 100mL of water).  My niece was popping the balloons for me this time.  The SB-25 flash gun was set at 1/32 power.  The camera was set to f/10, ISO 200.

I am out of balloons now.  The dollar store is just down the street, but before I take any more balloon shots, I need to think about a different backdrop.


Balloon placed slightly on the side.  Notice the crown of water formed at the bottom.



2 comments:

  1. this is really cool - good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Shooting balloons with water was fun.

    I want to shoot firecrackers now :) and if I have an airgun, I'd shoot a bullet through an apple or something.

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.