Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Picasa vs. Flickr

I wrote about this before, I think.  I am going to do a quick revisit on this subject now.

Flickr has been a great tool for sharing pictures with families, friends, and the world.  It has an online tool for image manipulation and it has a batch file uploader that can resize the photos to a maximum 2048x2048 pixels on the fly before uploading--this is a great feature because my Internet connection is not fast.  I have been paying $25 per year for a Pro account so that I can upload any number of photos to Flickr with no limit.  The free Flickr account offers 300MB per month.  The photos resized to 2048x2048 are still pretty big--at least 500KB big.

In talking to Chris yesterday, I think that Picasa will actually work well for me.  It has an unlimited space capacity for images under the 2048x2048 size.  Since that is the same image size that I upload to Flickr, this is perfect.  I will look more into Picasa tonight and might start using it then...

1 comment:

  1. Picasa is great, and here's the link to the Google's policy on storage limit. http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=1224181

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.