Saturday, October 15, 2011

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 in the field, part 3

I had a chance to bring out the FZ30 one more time, this time, to the Henry's Exposure 2011 photo show at the International Centre in Mississauga, ON.  The event was a bit more special that the other years.  Les Stroud was invited to speak (and promote a Slik tripod).  I am a big fan of "Survivorman" so this was a no-brainer.  I had to go (and it's unfortunate Chris could not.)

I decided to bring a light camera and hoped that there would be enough light to take some pictures of the Survivorman.  And so I did.  There were some pictures taken at a book signing booth with Cesar but I'm posting below those more public photos only.  It's not too bad.  Grainy and fuzzy but not too bad for a $65 camera.  Both at ISO 400, no flash.




3 comments:

  1. It was a Slik Compact II. When he first filmed he used some pole with one end rested against his waist and the other to hold his camcorder, to record himself as he walks through the bush. He then tried a Slik with the three legs extended. The Slik is very light but sturdy enough for this type of shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?! The $30 tripod at B&H ($40 at Futureshop)? Wow...

    ReplyDelete

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.