Sunday, August 15, 2010

Macro with the 50mm and extension tube, part 2

It rained hard about an hour earlier. I thought I'd look for some insects to shoot after the rain. There were a few but only one that stayed in one place long enough for me to shoot.

I have no idea what this fellow is, but it is colorful and tiny (maybe 1cm long). Was it going to drink from the water droplet? It took me 10 shots to get its head somewhat focused. (My 50mm with the extension tube is far from the perfect macro setup, but it helps that the D300 can meter properly.)



There was a weeny tiny little larva on this flower. After the rain, the larva was crawling in very wet cracks.


The world according to a water droplet hanging off the tip of a leaf.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.