Monday, June 29, 2009

Instant Krazy Glue

This article is not about photography but because I have used Instant Krazy Glue a number of times already to build and fix photography stuff, I thought I'd mention a tidbit here. If you go buy Instant Krazy Glue, make sure to buy the 4-tube package.

See here: http://www.krazyglue.com/products/product_detail.asp?pc=KG867&g=10

The package contains 4 small tubes of Krazy Glue. This is great because often, I only needed a drop or two of the Glue. If you have used Krazy Glue before, you know once you open a tube, it is likely going to harden inside. Having these small tubes means if it hardens, I'd be wasting only one small tube instead of an entire big tube. Now, these small tubes do not have a cap so after use, if you want to store away the remainder, use cellophane wrap to wrap up the dispensing head air tight. After a month of storage, the tip of the dispensing head will harden so you may have to cut the tip the next time you need to use the tube. Needless to say, you need to be extra careful cutting the tip. You do not want any Glue to squirt out onto your fingers, face, etc.

I was able to store and use and re-use an opened tube this way for up to 5 months. Instant Krazy Glue is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.