Friday, October 31, 2008

Macro photography, part 2

Well, as you know I have bought a Sigma 24-70mm + Macro. Since I rarely shoot with my 50mm f/1.8 I have decided to let it go too. For macro photography, I think I will pleasantly be surprised with the macro capability of the Sigma lens in front of an extension tube. The Tokina 80-400mm can do wonderful macro already with the extension tube so I expect the Sigma to perform very well in macro mode.

The 50mm is on its way out. I do not miss the f/1.8 as I do not find myself using it often enough. I might pick it up again at a later time.

The wasp ... my subject. I closed my windows for a few days as the wasp refused to get out. Well, the wasp is gone ... disappeared. It is not laying dead in my window frame. It disappeared. My macro subject is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.