Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Black and white

Exploring the art of photography, I have started to convert some of my pictures to grayscale, sharpened the features a little and accentuate the contrast to bring out the interesting ruggedness of the subject of the photo.

Simple software such as Irfanview and The Gimp makes this process extremely simple and quick. Bring up their colour adjustment tool, and make a few adjustments here and there. The only other thing I am wishing for is what Nikon Capture NX and PhotoShop can do, and that is the ability to tweak small areas of your photo. For example, if I was editing a photo of a person, I might like to sharpen only the eyes and smoothen out the rest of the face. Perhaps I am not as adept at using my current tools as I could be. Anyways, I am rambling on here ...

I like the effects of black and white. It focuses on the simple textures and simple composition. I will like to go back to some pictures I took from Cuba and turn some of the people shots into black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.