Saturday, April 1, 2023

Removing Smoke from Camera Body - Part 2


Well, it's been over a month since I purchased the smoky D7200.  It sat in a box with baking soda for a couple of weeks.  I used toothpaste to clean it.  I applied baking soda right on the body and left it there for a few days.  I've used alcohol.  I've used vinegar.  I've used activated charcoal from a Brita filter--maybe it wasn't effective anymore.  They've all in some small ways removed a bit of the tar from the rubber grip but nothing has been 100% effective.  I'm gonna stop trying to clean it and just use the camera.  I hate that the smell transfers to my hand after using it though.  Grr..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.