Saturday, July 7, 2012

Manfrotto MKC3-P01 tripod

So, my trip to Nova Scotia is over and I had a chance to take the Manfrotto MKC3-P01 tripod along.  I have to say I like this tripod a lot.  It is definitely not as sturdy as my Opus tripod but it is hiking-friendly.  I did a number of hikes in a couple of national parks and roamed around towns and cities carrying the tripod on my bag or holding it in my left hand.  I'd give it a good plus for being lightweight.  Because it was light, it was more likely that I would take it along on a long hike and it was worth it.  It got me some pictures I wanted.

The tripod is simple.  It has a ball head and four leg segments.  The ball head was useful to have.  I can make minor correction to the camera angle for composition.  However, I found it hard to adjust the camera for portrait shots.  The camera was heavy and would sag quite a bit after I locked down the tripod.  I would then have to compensate by either adjusting the tripod legs or readjust the camera on the ball head.

Notwithstanding these above issues, I give this tripod two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.