Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vibration Compensation on a tripod

It is popular knowledge that if you are shooting with a tripod, you should turn off VR on your Nikkor lens.  I have shot on tripods with my Nikkor lenses and even if I forget to turn VR off, the result is not bad--perhaps a slight blur that I don't really notice.  However, if you use a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC lens, beware of the VC on a tripod!  You must turn it off.

Here is a crop of a photo of the skyline of Toronto on a hazy night.  Except for the crop, the photo is unaltered in any way.  You can see these diagonal streaks of light and ghost images.  Well, that was VC at work.


I believe I wrote about this a long while ago but it was obvious I forgot about VC's issue on a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.