Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My home-made NAS

My Network Attached Storage (NAS) machine is about three years old (?) and has seen better days. It's on a stretcher now. The other day, I wondered why my mail server was hung. I noticed later that an NFS mount point got frozen because the NAS went south.

It is probably no real news. I heard the fan. It was coughing and gasping for air a couple of weeks ago. Its legs were feeble and trembled at every rotation. I reached behind the machine yesterday and found that the fan is dead. Maybe the power supply is dead too now as I can no longer start up the computer. Completely black screen, no LED, no sign of life.

I have thousands of photos on this NAS.

I will shop for a new power supply this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.