Friday, March 29, 2013

D7000 mode dial, again and again

I complained about the shooting mode dial before and I cannot stop complaining about it.  Just yesterday, I was at a gathering and a number of shots were underexposed.  The mode dial got changed to the "M" position by accident.  I guess on my way from one location to another, I must have scraped the dial against my hip where the camera dangled to.  It was a good thing I checked the LCD from time to time or I would have walked out with dark pictures only

D7100 mode dial.  Image from Nikon's website.
Nikon has heard enough from their customers.  The Nikon D7100 was released recently with a brand new mode dial lock button!  This is absolutely one of the best designs I have seen since the days of the D80, when I started complaining about the dial.  Seven years late but at least it is available now.  I so want to upgrade just because of this button but I just cannot really justify it.  So, I will keep on complaining about the dial until my D7000 dies or until I sell it.

Maybe I could use gaffe tape around the dial to smoothe out the side.  The tape will not last but should be good enough for one setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.