Sunday, December 2, 2012

Storage

I have been storing my camera gears in a bottom drawer of a (clothes) dresser in my bedroom.  At first, it worked well as I have only a few equipment.  For about a year now or possibly more, I have been keeping most of my equipment on top of a table.  I then place a foam board on top to protect it from dust.  The table looked pretty messy and recently, a friend's house got broken into and some valuables were stolen.  I thought, if my house got broken into and the thief goes straight to the bedrooms, the first thing they will see are my camera gears.  It was time to do something about my camera equipment.

$16 Sterilite 3-Drawer Tower
Today, I went to Walmart and bought this Sterilite 3-drawer plastic tower.  It does not look exactly what is shown on the right as mine has three same drawers and the frame is white while the compartments have a dark blue tint so if there are any sunlight, it will keep the interior somewhat cool and dark, and away from prying eyes.  The tower is all plastic so it does bend and wobble when you pull out a drawer, but it is sturdy enough for my cameras and lenses and various other gears.  The tower also has casters so it can be rolled around although the wheels are also all plastic so it does not roll around as smoothly as rubber and steel casters.

Anyways, I managed to fit most of my equipment in one tower.  I placed the silica gel I bought from ebay into the compartments where the camera bodies and lenses are.

I still have batteries and small accessories sitting on the table, and there are other stuff still in my dresser.  I will go back to Walmart tomorrow to pick up another tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.