Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Airshows

Just in case someone is wondering what lens to bring to an airshow, I'd recommend you bring something like a Tokina 80-400mm lens. This is an FX lens so it's equivalent to a 120-600mm DX lens. A bigger lens would be nice but having done some shooting at the Toronto airshow this past weekend, I find the 80-400mm range to be perfect for this purpose. There was somebody there that had a prime 500mm lens but that was too restrictive I thought. Sometimes, I wanted to zoom out to 80mm and often I'd like to zoom in at 400mm. There was one moment I wished I could zoom out to 18mm but that was only one time so 80mm was fine for all intended purposes.

Here was a couple of shots from this weekend airshow:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.