Sunday, August 31, 2008

10.2 megapixels

Who says extra pixels don't matter? With a good lens, one can crop and get a fairly good size of a subject. This red throat black bird was shot a good 20 metres away with my Nikkor 18-200mm lens at 200mm. The original picture has too much background distraction so I cropped it. Granted that it could be a lot sharper -- and it can be achieved with a really fast lens.


A little bugger on a leaf shot a few feet away. After cropping, it needed a little sharpening.


A first shot with my new Hoya CPL filter. Well, it was not useful in this shot though. :) There was no harsh reflection. Again, this is cropped and the contrast adjusted.

One thing I found interesting is the bokeh. Some of the background is clearly circular-shaped, as if the shot was taken with a catadiopteric lens. I wonder if that was the effect of the CPL filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Invasion of What?

What are these bugs? I've never seen them before. I saw them at my parents' place the other day. Lots of them in soil or grassy areas.